Saving some money on car insurance is easier when you have access to several discounts. Below you will find a list with typical discounts and how to get them. Also, you can get car insurance quotes from our website and compare prices for free. But first, let’s analyze the list:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have homeowners, renters, motorcycle or life insurance policy, bundling them with your car insurance will surely get you a discount. Bundling auto and home insurance can save you a lot of money. You can save up to $235 per year, according to Consumer Reports.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you’re insuring more than one vehicle, most insurance companies will offer a discount. The value and maximum number of insured vehicles differs by company.
- Pay in full discount: Some insurers will offer a small cost deduction for paying the insurance upfront. If you can’t afford to pay it all at once, some insurers offer discounts if you set up your monthly payments with an automatic subscription.
- Car safety features: Talk with an agent to see which car features allow you to ask for this discount.
- Good driver discounts: If you don’t have any moving violations or at-fault accidents in the last three to five years you should ask for this discount.
- Driver education discounts. Some insurers will offer discounts if you take a defensive driving course. The course must be approved by state and insurer.
- Good student discount: If you’re enrolled full time at a high school or university and maintaining at least a B average, you may be able to get a good student discount.
- Low-mileage discount: Typically, if you drive under 7,500 miles per year, you can qualify for a low-mileage discount.
- Affinity discounts: Members of business groups, military organizations, recreational organizations, fraternities and sororities, honors societies and college alumni associations can get discounts with a preferred carrier.
Visit us for more info and free quotes. Find out more!
by Ciprian Gurgu