Buying car insurance for the first time can be quite confusing and discouraging. Before venturing forth in the insurance market, check the following tips. And if you need a reliable comparison tool, check our website and get free online auto insurance quotes.
- Get the state-required liability insurance to drive legally. In many states the state minimum liability insurance required to drive is not enough to pay for serious injuries or to replace new car models. It is only enough to drive legally.
- Buy additional liability insurance if you have savings or a house that could be a target in a lawsuit if you are at fault in an accident. Anything insurance doesn’t pay, you will pay from your own finances. The Insurance Information Institute (III) and other insurance industry experts recommend motorists carry bodily injury liability coverage of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident (referred to as 100/300 coverage). For property damage liability coverage, $50,000 or above is suggested.
- Buy comprehensive and collision if you owe money on your vehicle or if you could not easily replace it.
- Check prices online. . Once you’ve decided what type of insurance and how much coverage you need, you can begin to compare car insurance quotes It is the quickest and most effective way to scan the market for affordable coverage. Get quotes from multiple insurers because premium cost can vary widely, often by thousands of dollars if you are very young.
- Carefully compare offers. But compare the coverage offered, too. A policy might cost less because it offers fewer features and benefits. And make sure the company you’ve decided on is reputable, with good customer service and claims-paying ability. All insurance companies are rated by major rating agencies (e.g. Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, A.M. Best) on their ability to pay claims. You can access these ratings online.
Visit us for more info and free quotes. Visit our Homepage!
by C Gurgu